Fall is all about enjoying the crisp, brisk air before the harsh Winter winds hit. With the shift from the Summer sun, my skin tends to dry out a lot faster, which means my beauty and skincare routine has to adapt to the seasonal changes too. Here are my top 5 items for the Fall, everything being under $20!
1. Too Cool For School Egg Cream Face Masks ($4.80/mask): These sheet face masks are packed with nutrients from egg extracts, coconut water, and other botanical extracts to best hydrate the skin. Perfect for the Fall when your face may feel like it’s getting dried out from the harsh winds. I usually have these sheet masks in my beauty stash year-round because they’re perfect for rehydrating the face after long flights.
2. Rosehip seed oil ($12): Instead of the traditional night cream, I’ve switched to using rosehip seed oil. Rosehip seed oil is known for its ability to nourish and rehydrate dry skin. The only downside is that the oil is naturally a yellow tint, so be careful if you have white sheets and are planning to apply before bed. I may or may not have learned this the hard way… 🙁
3. Dry skin body brush ($10): This brush is FABULOUS for dry flaky skin. No matter how much body butter or oil I try to use in the cold weather, my skin still flakes (mainly on the elbows and knees). This brush is perfect to help get dry skin flakes off. A quick pass with the brush before hopping in the shower and moisturizing goes a long way!
4. Yes to Tomatoes charcoal face wipes ($5/pack): The “Yes to ____” skincare line is incredible. All of their products are made from at least 95% natural ingredients. This set of face wipes is at the top of my favourites list because of the texture of the wipes, ability to keep my skin clear, all while being gentle enough to be used on a daily basis. If you buy these from Target or Ulta, they’re $5.99 per pack, but I’ve linked the 3 pack from Amazon which works out to being $5 per pack.
5. Fig & Yarrow Nutrient Booster Serum ($20): Even though this serum is the priciest product of the list, it’s one of the best investments! I usually apply this in the mornings after washing my face and heading out for the day. The formula is not greasy and leaves my skin feeling really calm. The product claims to prevent moisture loss and give a radiant glow. I don’t know if I’d say I feel like I’m glowing after putting this one, but it definitely locks in the moisture to the point where I don’t need to reapply moisturizer until the end of the day.